I have a few thoughts on types of food..Some were quite expensive, some were hard to get, which may also leads to quite costy and some were just simply weird..atleast weird for me.. I am not judgmental about what others eat, just highlighting certain features of them which are different to my own..Before anyone gets up in arms about my singling out any country or ethnicity, understand that I love all kinds of food.. heheh..as long as they were ‘halal’ for me.. We have to remember though, that eating cows (who are sacred, not just pets) to Hindu people must be greatly offensive, just as eating pork in front of a Jewish or Islamic person could be equally offensive. Each culture has their own taboos.. Anyway, enough of the lesson in cultural understanding,just remember this before casting stones k guys.. :)
- · derived from the saffron crocus flower
- · A pound of dry saffron (0.45 kg) requires 50,000 to 75,000 flowers to make, meaning an entire football field of these flowers.
- · Price: US$500/pound to US$5,000/pound (US$1100 to US$11,000 per kilogram) .(RM 3,338.00- RM33,379.00)
- · comes from a fish over 100 years old
- · Price: more than $5,000 per kilogram (RM 15,172.00) and also sell in a 24-karat gold tin for £16,000, or about $25,000. (RM 76,137.00)
- · The world’s finest and most expensive coffee
- · made from the beans of coffe berries which have been eaten by the Asian Palm Civet then passed through it's digestive tract.
- · Price: RM 1,828.00 per pound
Wagyu Cow’s Beef
- · coming from the Wagyu cows, also known as Kobe beef.
- · comes from cows that are allegedly fed only beer and massaged by hand to ensure a tenderness and marbling beyond compare.
- · Price: 200 grams of a fillet cost in Europe more than 100 dollars. (RM303)
- · The matsutake, or mattake, mushroom is expensive because of its rarity. Lack of trees from which to harvest these mushrooms naturally is a serious problem for the species.
- · Price: RM 3,045 per pound
- · a type of black watermelon grown only on the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido
- · There were only sixty-five of the fruits among the first harvest this season
- · Price: RM 18,592
- · Duck’s fetus egg (boiled fertilized egg)
- · the ideal balut is 17 days old.
The Peruvian Viagra
- · It's the best aphrodisiac.
- · is in very high demand at local markets of Lima, Peru.
- · Give a good boner, and also heals stuff like asthma, bronchitis, sluggishness.
- · pick your frogs from a tank, the vendor takes them out and bangs them against the table to kill them, she peels the skin off them and she fills the blender with hot white bean broth, some honey, raw aloe vera and a generous portion of maca before adding your plucked frogs.